Parkway Project Limited is a Financial Technology Company that provides simple, intuitive, end-to-end corporate and, retail banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MySQL Database Administrator
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced MySQL database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances.
- You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances.
- You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- B.Sc / HND in any discipline
- 2 - 4 years Experience.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN and AzureDevOps.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.