Towntalk is a technology company that builds predictive models using expansive data on local contexts to keep people, businesses and governments ahead of pressing challenges.
Our new mobile application - Area! is free to download incident sharing and verification tool to keep people safe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Based Violence Case Supervisor
- Towntalk and The Social Science Academy of Nigeria are using Area! as an AI mobile reporting tool to conduct data science into gender-based violence during and post-Covid in Nigeria to improve survivor access to justice and care. The Case Supervisor will provide oversight and management of dedicated survivor call center.
- The responsibilities of a Gender-Based Violence Case Supervisor include ensuring that all cases are appropriately addressed, prepare reports and ensure all referrals are attended to and cases appropriately closed.
- Oversee and supervise GBV case officers and case management.
- Train GBV call centre staff on SOPs and guiding principles for addressing GBV cases.
- Provide counselling and psychosocial support to survivors on cases escalated beyond the call centre case officers.
- Analyze trends of GBV and develop/adjust case management strategies to meet needs.
- Manage staff roster to ensure the call centre constantly operates at full capacity.
- Ensure timely and accurate information management, analysis, dissemination, and reporting through monthly and quarterly reports.
- Strengthen internal and external referral systems for cases of GBV, ensure a smooth interface with partner agencies/organizations.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility when need be.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Sociology, Gender Studies, Social Works, Public Health, International Development, etc.
- At least 5 years' experience in counseling and supporting GBV survivors.
- Supervisory experience both in direct and technical line management.
Additional requirements - candidates with the below qualifications will be preferred:
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of supervising and overseeing S/GBV case management.
- Familiar with the standards and guidelines of GBV programs and coordination, including Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sphere Guidelines.
Skills / Knowledge:
- IT tool – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Sage, Power Bi, etc.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and any other local languages in Nigeria.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Clear understanding of gender abuse of power and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Independence: Proactive and able to act independently while delivering tasks on time
- Problem-solving: Critical thinking, Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Team: Work effectively with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.