Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability / Complaints Response Mechanism Assistant
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Expected start date: As soon as possible
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- ACF is looking for an Accountability / CRM assistant who will be responsible for upholding the organization commitments towards Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
- The Accountability assistant will be the primary support person to the ACF MEAL and Program teams to ensure beneficiaries have access to one of the FCM channels.
- Support the Accountability officer to build staff awareness and commitment to a feedback and complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and ACF core policies are respected
- Support the setting up the different Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism in relevant project locations
- In remote management area, support the establishment of Accountability Focal Person (training, regular meetings, tracking of their reporting requirements)
- Management of the toll-free lines
- Management of the complaints booths
- Implementation of feedback days and community awareness sessions, sensitization
- Collection of complaints form from complaints boxes or from other Action Against Hunger staff
- Respond to enquiries from program beneficiaries
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary has access to FCM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits)
- Ensure the queries of callers using setup hotline are answered while respecting ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with the ACF standard operating procedures and HAP guidelines
- Ensure complaints are referred to relevant personnel within ACF and in particular sensitive complaints (level 4) are referred to senior management, as per SOP
- Ensure the lodging all feedback, complaints and response in the FCM database, coming from all channels
- Ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe
- Submit FCM database on monthly basis to Accountability officer
- Refer program-specific complaints to relevant program managers for resolution
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs / projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the complainant.
- Support trainings of external stakeholders on accountability principles (vendors, community volunteers, health workers, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities.
- Knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Fluency in English and at least one local language (especially Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri, both written and spoken skills)
- Previous experience in handling feedback mechanism
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict / post-conflict development contexts.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 120,887 per month
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.