Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Cash Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Programmes - FSL
Level: Mid Level
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim - ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- ACF is looking for a Cash Officer who will lead the cash team to ensure AAH cash tranfer interventions are fully integrated with Nutrition and WASH interventions at the facility and community level under the DFID funded Scaling Up Nutrition in Northeast Nigeria in Yobe State Project.
- Facilitate community mobilization, engagement and trainings during community led CBT activities in the LGA.
- In collaboration with the community, leaders identify and select beneficiaries in line with the selection criteria and principles of ACF to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during the implementation of activities.
- Ensure CBT interventions are implemented using the community structures and in a timely manner with support from SP Manager.
- Manage the beneficiary education on SP issues, CBT key process management including how to use smartcards, complaint management and reporting, beneficiary rights in the target LGA.
- Directly implement in the field the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Cash Assistants and Community stakeholders.
- Implement detailed work plan for Cash team at LGA level in line with activity timeline.
- Facilitate and support major M&E process in the LGA including surveys, PDM, Price monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households.
- Act as a link to the organization with beneficiaries, community leaders and LGA, clarifying information about the organization, program objectives and activities at LGA level
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA and state levels when required.
- Minimum of HND / Degree in Business Administration or FSL related studies e.g. Agro-economy, Natural resource management, Anthropology, Disaster risk management, etc.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict / insecure contexts.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management, and representation competencies
- Previous experience with CBT programming.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values, and policy
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN232,585 per month.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.