The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
- The Administrative Officer provides support to various departments and performs a broad range of administrative, clerical, and secretarial duties.
- This position will be based at the head office located in Abuja. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Administrative Officer reports to the Operations Manager in Abuja.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Administrative support to the office.
- Handle general inquiries and requests for information and materials via email, mail and/or phone.
- Serve as main office point of contact/front desk by greeting, receiving, and directing office visitors and staff.
- Keep records of incoming and out-going call/visitors logs and ensure proper coordination with guards at all times while ensuring security directives/office policy are followed as regards accessing the NLCB Office building
- Liaise with service providers, external organizations and STTA’s on behalf of NLCB Operations.
- Serve as liaison to the state logistics officers in the field offices on travel plans for all staff on airport pick/drop off and accommodation arrangements.
- Serve as point of contact for operational support on land travel logistics/scheduling using NLCB movement planner and accommodation bookings within the State,
- Provide operational support (car hire, airport transfers, pickup/drop off arrangements and assignment of communication tools) to HQ staff and other consultants visiting the country.
- Assist in organizing events and corporate hospitality functions, using time and resource management skills to achieve smooth implementation.
- Support Operations Manager to develop and maintain effective administrative systems and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the unit.
- Create, supervise, and monitor Schedules for outsourced contractors under Operational/Admin unit
- Support Operations Manager to Coordinate Admin staff leave schedules, travel authorizations.
- Log in and update the movement schedule of every staff using the office vehicle or a car hire at any given time.
- Process payments by generating goods received notes and payment requests for all office/operational activities, services rendered and completed by vendor.
- Maintain, monitor and update electronic filing systems; staff contact list, staff birthdays, photographs and ID numbers as well as hard copy files- Purchase requests, staff travels requests, mails/waybills, payment registers, invoices, budgets, contracts/BPA/CIDS.
- Manage Operational BPA Tracker Monthly, including tracking costs and validity dates plus ensuring renewals of same at appropriate times.
- Support Admin with drafting of Official letters and MEMO’s as directed.
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory management, as needed.
- Assist staff with mailing projects.
- Maintain employee telephone lists and floor map.
- Provide assistance with inventory management and trip expenses as needed.
- Supervise the office cleaners to ensure tidy facilities and environment.
- Support with managing Project Drivers based in Abuja and field offices.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma is required while a University degree in business administration, or related field is desired.
- Two years’ work experience in an office environment is required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in organizing and filing information is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Documents to be Sent
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter.
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.