Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Restaurant General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and direct all restaurant operations.
- Maintain high standards of food, service, health and safety, ensure the efficient and profitable business performance of the restaurant and the optimal utilization of staff and resources.
- Set operating goals and objectives
- Assess staffing requirements and recruit staff when needed
- Train and coach staff
- Prepare and implement standard operating procedures
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Ensure staff know and adhere to established codes of practice
- Organize and monitor staff schedules
- Maintain employee records
- Co-ordinate restaurant operations during each shift
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant
- Keep records of health and safety practices
- Ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures
- Ensure alcohol regulations are adhered to.
- Interact with customers
- Advise customers on food and beverage choices
- Oversee preparation of food and beverage items
- Ensure adherence to set recipes
- Ensure quality of food and beverage presentation
- Observe size of food portions and preparation quantities to minimize waste
- Interact with customers to ensure all inquiries and complaints are handled promptly
- Plan and coordinate menus
- Analyze food and beverage costs and assign menu prices
- Total restaurant receipts and reconcile with sales
- Ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately
- Set and monitor budgets
- Analyze budget variances and take corrective actions
- Establish and implement financial controls
- Implement and oversee cost cutting measures
- Plan and monitor restaurant sales and revenue
- Organize and supervise marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain business records
- Prepare and analyze management reports
- Determine and execute operating improvements
- Check and order supplies of non-food items
- Identify and estimate food and beverage supply requirements and place orders with suppliers
- Negotiate purchase prices and develop preferred suppliers
- Schedule food and beverage deliveries
- Check quality of deliveries and documentation
- Ensure correct storage of supplies.
- Arrange for maintenance and repairs of equipment and services
- Identify and evaluate competitors
- Keep current with trends in the restaurant industry.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years’ experience
- Tertiary qualification or more preferred
- Previous experience in food and beverage management
- In-depth working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-depth working knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Experience in staff management and development
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience in analyzing financial data
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting.
- Track record of managing inventory and cost control.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Able to use relevant computer applications.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Planning and organizing
- Resource management
- Customer service focus
- Quality orientation
- High energy level.
- Stress tolerance.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.