Kimberly Ryan Limited - Our client, a leading organization in the Maritime sector in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Management Officer
Job Type: Full Time
The Payroll Management Officer is responsible for the end-to-end management and processing of payroll for all staff and the provision of a high-quality comprehensive payroll service ensuring that salaries and expenses are paid within the regulatory framework of the Company, and to;
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Review timesheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies and ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Manage the payroll system and ensure that employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain reports and payroll transactions to support the integrity of the system and to meet audit requirements.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and non-taxable wages.
- Ensure end-of-year procedures are followed including reconciliation lodgement of taxation requirements e.g. payment summaries.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Every other delegated and assigned duties.
- BSC/HND in Management or Social Science or any related discipline from a reputable University/Polytechnic
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Good command of Excel
- Good HRIS knowledge
- Designing planning projects with assistance
- Policy development with costing/implications
- Familiarisation and interpretation of labour rules and government regulations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Interprets and applies laws, regulations, and procedures relating to employee rights and benefits.
- Computer appreciation
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Any other official duties that may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Resourcefulness and Resilience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.