Catilas Resources Limited is an outsourcing and advisory services Company. Our focus is to help our clients leverage their core capabilities to optimize market opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer with proven experience in Maritime and Energy industry finance, finance modeling, capital raising and negotiation.
- The incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing the organization’s financial strategy as well as institute strong risk management throughout the organization.
- The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits, achieve full financial control, and sustainable growth.
- Drive the company’s financial planning.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
- Provide strategic advice on potential returns and risks to the businesses through analysis of data and financial performance.
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting, and company’s policies.
- Participate in and drive internal and cross functional projects.
- Develop and implement detailed cost management strategies to monitor and control costs.
- Supervise all finance personnel.
- Education: B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Economic, Engineering Finance, Mathematics and Statistics
- Professional qualifications such as ACA / ACCA.
- Experience: A minimum of 8-12 years’ experience.
- Proven experience as CFO within the maritime and Energy industry.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
- Knowledge of the working, processing, and negotiating of letters of credit.
- Strong treasury and cash flow management experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation and governance frameworks.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and commercial acumen with a track record of building up an organization within the maritime and energy Industry.
- Must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., SAP).
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Driven with a positive and outgoing attitude.
Application Closing Date