Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
- Carry out all the payments for the Operational Bank account
- Filing all the document by Bank book.
- Ensure correspondence between the physical Bank book (banks statements) and the Excel / Saga bank book on a daily / monthly basis.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
- To ensure Bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts.
- Ensure that all the administrative documents are copied before sending the originals to the Capital with the Base Finance Assistant, manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the ACF's procedures (invoice accurate and signed)
- With the Base Finance Assistant, verify accuracy of and pay invoices for purchases Process the monthly income tax payments (PAYE) as per information provided by the Capital
- Ensure that any purchase respect ACF procurement procedure as per Kit Log V3
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure
- Ensure on job training of Finance Assistants & refreshers on ACF accounting system
- Maintain bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in finance department
- Verify & cross check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per ACF Archiving guidelines
- Assist Base Finance Assistant in archiving financial files as per ACF archiving guidelines
- Communicate Action Against Hunger performance standards and expectations to team members which includes; 10 minutes monthly conversation, 3 months/end of probation performance appraisal and annual/ end of contract appraisal.
- Establish performance objectives, provide feedback, and identify strengths and areas for professional improvement.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members by providing support.
- Draw up Monthly work plan activities and ensure supervision for the Finance Archivist.
- Delegate the activities and provide technical support to the Finance Assistants as necessary.
- BSc in Accounting, Bachelor level degree in management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, Finance.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Champion of ACF Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
Minimum Basic salary: 260,244 Naira per month
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2021.