United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Embassies, Multilateral and Donor Organisation
About the Job
- This is a relationship management role. As Team Lead - Embassies, Multilateral and Donor Organisation (EMDOs), the ideal candidate will be responsible for prospecting, acquiring, and converting key EMDOs names identified in the country.
- S/he will also be responsible for deepening existing relationships and growing UBA’s market share of the EMDOs business in the respective country.
- Identify and update a database of Embassies, Multilateral and Donor Organizations (EMDO’s) and identify must win accounts/mandates.
- Continually liaise with Group EMDOs Team to ensure EMDOs mandates are converted and on-boarded seamlessly.
- Follow through engagement with the Must Win list of EMDO’s and recurrently submit proposals for their attention.
- Follow through on all service commitments to ensure excellent service and product delivery to EMDOs community as agreed.
- Engage the Embassies and Donor agencies and pursue for account opening especially on new projects.
- Understand and sell the bank’s products and services relating to EMDO’s
- Support the Country Head in managing UBA Group’s EMDOs relationships i.e. account negotiation, opening and management
- Enhance Customer Service efficiency of UBA Group’s EMDOs business.
- Build relationships consistent with market penetration targets, including annual relationship plans, monthly business development plans/pipeline and relationship/account profitability.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with a concentration in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or Marketing preferred. Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing relationships, leading sales teams and / or acting as a business development manager in a financial services firm.
- Banking experience, preferably EMDO’s relationship banking; Marketing & Embassy Knowledge.
Application Closing Date