Federal University Dutsin-Ma is located in Dutsin-Ma town, Katsina State. The town is located about 60km south of the state capital. The University is ICT-driven and envisioned to be a top ranking world-class university, committed to excellence in research and production of a generation of leaders with passion for service and the motto, is service and integrity. The University commenced academic activities in July, 2012.
The general public is hereby notified that the Governing Council of the University, at its 20th regular meeting held on Friday 19th February, 2021, has declared the position stated below vacant. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Director, Security Services (CONTISS II 15)
Job Code: DSS
- Director Security heads the security architecture of the University and safeguards lives and properties.
- He / she is responsible for providing and ensuring a secured environment in academic and residential areas of the University to guarantee learning, teaching and research.
- He / she advises on, and is responsible for, implementing the security policy of the University. In executing these duties he / she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Must possess, at least a first degree or equivalent in any field of study;
- Must have had, at least, 10 years experience in commanding positions;
- Must have attained, at least, the rank of serving or retired Colonel or equivalent rank in the Armed Force or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) in the Nigeria Police or equivalent ranks in other security outfits;
- Appointment to the position of Director Security Services is for a period of two (2) years in the first instance and renewable for another period of two (2) years upon satisfactory performance;
- A candidate must not be more than 60 years of age by the end of the current year;
- Being a management position, candidates must be of high integrity and be capable of commanding the respect and loyalty of staff. They must be receptive to new ideas and be innovative;
- All candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable;
- Possession of higher degrees would be an added advantage;
- Appropriate computer literacy is mandatory;
- Conditions of service for the position are as obtainable in other Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria / Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) sets of hand-written Application (One copy original, others photocopy), detailed CV and photocopies of Credentials to reach the following:
The Registrar, Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
P.M.B. 5001, Dutsin-Ma,
The code of the post DSS must be clearly indicated at the top right-hand corner of the envelope. All applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or equivalent, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae written in the format below:
- Post Applied
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Functional Email Address
- Functional Phone Number
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates and Institutions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Addresses of at least, three (3) referees.
Candidates should request their three referees to send, under confidential cover, a referee report each to the Registrar with full details of the applicant to reach the Registrar not later than the closing date of this advertisement. The envelope containing the report should be marked "Confidential Referee Report" for easy identification.