Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client in the Marine industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Container Control Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Managing equipment control activity, managing EQC Coordinators, updated equipment movements & information quality, monitoring EDI transmissions & movement response time, handling containers without movement as well as handling lost containers.
- Oversees the day to day activities of the Off dock and Transporters
- Follow company’s procedure and code of ethics
- Coordinate the distribution of seals to West Africa as the need arises
- Ensure that all vendors invoices tendered for payment are properly checked to avoid duplicates and payment for containers not transferred
- Coordinate with Head Office procurement/logistics team for new vendor nomination process and handling empty container stock
- Extract weekly report for incomplete transportation job order and communicate to the vendors as well as monitor the transportation job orders
- Monitor the system update of daily moves by the off docks to ensure accurate date for demurrage collection and correct the out of sequence movement on weekly basis
- Update import/demurrage system twice per week and ensure any missing dates are captured and updated in the system promptly
- Update delivery of full and empty containers report from off dock activities
- Generate daily, weekly and prepare monthly containers reports of all terminals whenever transfer of empty containers from the depot to the terminal occurs
- Follow through with proper documentation of all triangulated containers
- Generate from the inhouse system the list of containers with the Consignees and exporters every 2 weeks and sends to the Import and Export Team for their necessary follow up for the return of our empty containers.
- Design and implement containers monitoring system until they are fully returned to the terminals
- Manage the repair and maintenance of reefer containers
- Verification of transporters before onboarding (in coordination with Procurement team)
- Biweekly reporting of non-moved containers to commercial team for follow up
- Monitor empty container sales and reporting in liaison with Finance and Head-office
- Monitor damaged container repairs and reporting in liaison with Finance and Head-office
- Manage drop-off of containers by clients
- Coordinate the logistics team and department.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- First Degree in Social Sciences / Arts or relevant discipline
- Master's Degree is an added advantage
- At least 8 years of progressive shipping logistics/operational responsibility with at least 5 of those years in a managerial position
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint; web-based and email programs
- Demonstrable passion for our company’s mission; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with the other departments towards achieving company’s mission and targets and building effective working relationships as well as partnerships.
- An analytical mindset aimed at improving equipment control and administration standards.
- Ability to lead a team of equipment control coordinators and provide strategic direction to the department and organization.
Application Closing Date