Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and has been a continuous leader in development and humanitarian response within Nigeria - focusing on the three Strategic Program Areas of Agriculture, Health and Emergency Response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Temporary Position
- The MEAL Technical Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager (Trainer) will lead the monitoring of project implementation and the collation, analysis, and presentation of data on the project.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the Program Manager to produce periodic data and narrative reports that highlight progress and flag areas of improvement to guide project adjustments.
- S/he will work with other stakeholders to develop tools and build capacity to generate, analyse and interpret data and use it to inform program strategies and learning, and meet reporting requirements.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop a MEAL system outlining indicators, tools, data sources, data flow, procedures, staffing, and statistical procedures required to monitor implementation and assure quality project interventions;
- Deliver training on key components of the project MEAL system to Master Trainers and state level operatives, and support them to cascade this training to CTFs and CBVs;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, carry out spot monitoring checks on the Master Trainers’ delivery of trainings to CTFs and CBVs, and the CTF and CBVs’ delivery of mentoring and coaching to project beneficiaries;
- Outline and implement a process for producing summary visual reports on the mentoring and coaching activities implemented by CTFs and CBVs at LGA and state levels;
- Support and mentor State Social Safety Project staff to SSP in the pilot states to analyze and interpret data, and utilize evidence-based information for program management;
- Build capacity of Master Trainers to provide basic coaching to CTFs and CBVs on data generation, analysis and interpretation;
- Ensure timely capture and processing of auxiliary qualitative information and learning to enhance overall performance of mentoring/coaching delivery;
- Lead the production of consolidated data reports that summarize implementation progress, trends, gaps, and learning;
- Attend relevant technical meetings with donors and stakeholders to present and discuss project data and results as required;
- Participate in country program community of practice meetings and ensure close coordination with other CRS Nigeria MEAL activities.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Statistics, Development, Finance, Economics, etc);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing Monitoring and Evaluation for programs related to livelihoods, education, agriculture, social behavior change communication or other integrated programming;
- Demonstrable skills in monitoring and evaluation, data management, and research methodologies;
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering diverse training programs and transferring knowledge to community level health and social service workers and/or volunteers;
- Experience in managing databases, data applications, statistical packages, and MIS;
- Ability to support government and community level partners to deliver against program objectives/targets.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and deliver outputs on schedule. • Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to download the CRS Application Form, fill and send with a detailed resume as one document in PDF indicating position being applied for as the subject of the application.
Completed applications are to be sent to [email protected]
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal - opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- "CRS" recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’