Semicolon - We are a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Writer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Content Developer is responsible for developing a company’s content strategy, as well as creating its deliverables. “Content “ is a broad term that can refer to blog posts, static web copy, podcasts, and video content. As a content person, your responsibilities also include the technical aspect of content creation, such as basic HTML formatting and Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
- We are seeking a creative, dedicated individual to join our team as a Content Developer.
- Our ideal candidate will work with the marketing team to create original content for, but not limited to, our website and advert purposes for both traditional and digital media, alongside technical content. You must adhere to SEO/SEM best practices.
- You will also work with our technical team to rewrite technical content into a form that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Come up with content goals and strategies and pitch ideas to the Marketing and Communications Directors.
- Collaborate with other departments and team members and brainstorm subjects for creative content.
- Create unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
- Write new web content and edit existing content.
- Edit and proofread new content before publication.
- Manage the distribution of content through our various channels, including social media.
- Analyze performance indicators and web traffic and determine the effectiveness of created content.
- Interpret and re-write technical and software development/engineering training content prepared by our facilitators into a form that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor's degree in any discipline, preferably Marketing, Mass Communication, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years industry-standard work experience in marketing and technical content writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office and / or G-suite tools.
- Digital Savviness
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Advance knowledge of SEO.
- Viable Content Marketer with good copywriting skills.
- Good knowledge of content management software such as, but not limited to, WordPress, Asana.
- Basic knowledge of Graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop; Animation Softwares, e.g., Flash.
- Basic knowledge of Programming is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Digital communication skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV preferably in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.