Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant and Compliance Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking a Grant Compliance Officer (GCO) to provide both administrative and technical guidance and support on grants and compliance. S/he will develop strategies and approaches that will enable Nuru to effectively comply with various donor requirements.
- S/he will support the development and writing of successful funding proposals and budgets. This will involve supporting proposal development teams across the organization, working with technical, management and finance leads on strategy; and ensuring that log frames, budgets and narrative text are developed, reviewed, and edited per donor requirements. S/he will also provide mentoring and guidance for sub-awardees when applicable.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Grants Compliance Officer will report to the Executive Director.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations and legal and regulatory requirements governing the awards.
- Serve as the activity’s compliance Officer to ensure program and sub-awardees adherence to all applicable regulations, and award terms and conditions, overall compliance in the activity implementation from the development of work plans and budgets, reporting, sub granting, and budget administration.
- Develop and embed best practices to comply with donor financial rules, supporting donor proposal budgeting, analysis of institutional income, donor contract expenditure tracking, monitoring and providing management information on key risks, contributing to the implementation of improved financial systems and processes to facilitate better donor reporting and compliance.
- Guide/coach the program and finance teams and support the team in implementing consistent and effective practices and procedures. Ensure prescribed policies, procedures, and schedules are followed.
- Provide overall technical support in the management of sub-grants, facilitates training in program and grant management to sub-grantees, supports sub-partners on sub-grant management and assists in reviewing sub-grant agreements.
- Report to the Executive Director on the progress, compliance matters, areas for improvement, significant deviations from programmatic objectives or policies.
- To support the Executive Director, to ensure accuracy of all financial reports related to the all programs.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following social sciences Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Economics to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline OR related field experience in administering rural livelihoods and poverty alleviation programs in West Africa, with a preference for North East of Nigeria experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the NGO sector in internal audit, grants and compliance management positions including experience in award and sub-award management, administration, support budgeting, support proposal writing implementation and oversight.
- Working knowledge of pertinent regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations and knowledge of USAID Assistance and Acquisition rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analysing financial documents and processes, interpreting contractual requirements and grants, operating instructions, policies, and procedure manuals.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from institutional experience of a complex planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures.
Embraces the culture and value of Nuru Nigeria especially servant leadership, transparency and high sense of accountability
Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: [email protected] using the Job title and Location on the subject line.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based on funding and performance.
Non - discriminatory employment clause:
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status. The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant's information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.