Lagos Business School (LBS) is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Sangotedo Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary purpose of this role is to create people management strategies that will ensure that all staff have a voice that is visibly listened to. Also, ensure that the development and delivery of effective engagement tools are developed, maintained, and evaluated to ensure effectiveness, to ensure internal and external communications are effectively coordinated.
- You will be tasked with planning and ensuring that the recruitment of staff is sufficient for organisation needs.
Duties / Keys Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage internal communication activities for the HR department as a means of fostering employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure Disciplinary issues are treated in line with the School’s Policy.
- To ensure that HR Reports are comprehensively captured and submitted timely
- To make sure that all Approved absences, Time and Attendance are captured and treated on the HR Software.
- Perform HR Audit and compliance as at when due in collaboration with the immediate line manager.
- Ensure that staff who apply for a loan and salary advances are eligible and treated in accordance with policy.
- Enable meaningful relationships to increase knowledge transfer, collaborative working, productivity, wellbeing and innovation. Liaise with other HOUs to determine staffing requirements in collaboration with the immediate line manager.
- Use internal and external systems to advertise job vacancies as appropriate.
- Develop and keep up to date policies relating to employment and other human resources issues
- Develop and manage a talent pipeline for LBS.
- Sourcing and hiring tactics through the innovation of new and creative ways of attracting talent to LBS.
- First degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management or any related field
- Minimum of CIPM, SHRM, PHRi, NITAD or any other accredited HR certification
- Minimum of 4 years in Human Resources function with emphasis onmedium or large organization.
- Proven experience in using Human Resource Software will be an added advantage.
- People Management Skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Effective written / oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and multitask.
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Ability to keep calm in difficult situations, deal with stress and absorb pressure.
- Ability to act quickly (flexible) and sensitively under pressure
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.