Louis Valentino Prixair (LVP) is a proud indigenous Nigerian conglomerate which operates a wide range of businesses, including Real Estate Development & Investment, Property Management, Hotel Operations, Cleaning and Laundry services, Catering services and Media. A leader in each of our sectors of business, we offer integrated and advanced solutions for customers across multiple industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Head of Business)
- We are a food and beverages manufacturing and sales company located in Abuja. We seek to fill the role of a General Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing facility and has full responsibility for the plant’s profitability as well as lead the entire workforce to commercial success.
- The General Manager taking on a hands-on approach to management plans, guides, and directs the plant operations to achieve plant objectives in safety, quality, production output, delivery, sales/marketing and customer satisfaction.
- Directs all aspects of the business operations, including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, receiving, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Drives revenue activities and sales with the Sales Head
- Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, plant production development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labor and overhead costs versus budget.
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels and finance.
- Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted levels of costs.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture.
- Works to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability targets.
- Works with the Plant heads to ensure that the facility’s operational activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant’s working capital is properly managed.
- Provides information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
- Frequently researches cost savings opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Oversees all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
- Enforces all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
- Monitors the facility’s equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company’s equipment and physical facility are properly maintained.
- Understands the technical aspects of the facility’s manufacturing processes so as to provide support to departmental personnel.
- Constantly assesses the facility’s operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Implements, drives, and sustains key initiatives that support plant strategic goals.
- Drives standardization practices throughout the organization that align with other branches.
- Ensures that quality standards are understood and meet acceptable limits in the manufacturing and distribution process. Assures that policies and documentation are current and facility is compliant with customer audit requirements.
- Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams. Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promotes cross training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labor costs, and supports succession planning.
- Manage and maintain labor and operating costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
- Oversees the hiring and training of facility personnel. Works with Human Resources to seek out ways to motivate and develop employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Management or Business.
- Masters degree in any field
- 15 years of progressive leadership experience in any field, preferably currently having same role (GM) in a manufacturing company OR with at least 8 years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Possess working knowledge of Lean operational techniques
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership acumen and drive
- People person who can result through people
- Strong personality
- Applicants must be based in Abuja alone, consideration will not be given to applicants outside of Abuja metropolis
- Candidate must be between 40 - 50 years old
Salary & Benefit
- N350,000 - N400,000 per month
- Official Vehicle attached
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as subject of the e-mail.
- Women are strongly advised to apply for this role
- Only apply if satisfed with the above listed terms