West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rubber Tyred Gantry Supervisor
Job Ref.: AT-264809
Location: Onne, Rivers
Category: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- Ensure that appropriate risk assessments, work permit and Lock-out / Tag-outs are in place and understood by the maintenance teams prior to commencement of work.
- Ensure all Asset Maintenance activities are undertaken with the aim of reducing risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Provide end to end monitoring and control of all maintenance shift related WOs, from issue through to final close out.
- Apply global standards and procedures for work execution and management.
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure the availability and timely issue of spare parts, materials and special tools, to support scheduled maintenance work.
- Resolve anomalies raised by technicians under their supervision.
- Monitor the effectiveness of equipment repair strategies and suitability of shift resources and provide feedback to the Maintenance Co-Ordinator, Equipment and Reliability Managers.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse and Inventory team to ensure that appropriate materials and spare parts are available to support out of standard hours working.
- Apply good work practices and CMMS skills to optimize the efficient utilization of all human and material resources for shift working within the terminal.
- Ensure effective handover of work between shifts.
- Provide day to day supervision and co-ordination of the shift working teams.
- Ensure clear communication with the local (internal) clients, external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with APM Group values and business principle.
- Liaise with Equipment Managers and Maintenance Co-ordinator.
- Monitor the shift working maintenance and repair costs and KPIs, to ensure they are in compliance with the terminal plans, and flag any variances to management so that budget/ cost variations can be investigated and controlled.
- Improve utilisation and hands on tool time of technicians under their supervision, taking ownership of issues of poor performance.
We are looking for:
- Minimum university degree in related industry consistent with this supervisory role.
- Minimum 5 years experience in operational shift working environment.
- Experience in an asset intensive environment, with exposure to complex scenarios for planning and organisation of work activities, prioritisation and resource management.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning and scheduling metrics, principles, its processes and requirements.
- Troubleshooting and programming through PLC will be an advantage.
- Practical work organisation and despatching of shift working resources.
- Understanding of (APMT used) software data systems and their interfaces.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Highly disciplined - following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation and work order records are properly closed out.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate.
- Good written English and verbal communication.
- We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.