Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works & Estate
By virtue of the Revised Schemes of Service for NBTE, Polytechnics and other similar Tertiary Institutions of 2013, the Director of Works & Estate is responsible to the Rector for:
- Exercising control in the Department; formulating divisional strategies to achieve the institutional goals;
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works & Estate Services of the Department;.
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets as the case may be;
- Preparing the Department’s budget and exercising budgetary controls;
- Keeping an inventory of all vehicles, their maintenance, security and up-keep;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Rector.
- Applicants for the post of the Polytechnic Director of Works & Estate must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be able to provide the Management and Council of the Polytechnic with appropriate advice on the administration of the Polytechnic Works & Estate Services Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Candidate for the post must be a First Degree holder in Engineering who has registered with COREN and acquired at least twenty-four (24) years post qualification cognate experience (after registration); Or
- A registered Engineer with Master’s Degree plus 18 years post-qualification cognate experience, or a registered engineer with Doctorate Degree plus 14 years post-qualification cognate experience;
- Possession of working knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) would be an added advantage.
- The candidate should not be more than Fifty (50) years old at the4point of appointment.
Conditions of Service
- Terms and conditions would be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian Polytechnic System.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty-Five (25) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae which will include the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Current Postal / Contact Addresses (with Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Distinctions and Awards with dates
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Academic related services to the Nation and the Tertiary Institutions
- Important Academic Conferences/Workshops/Courses attended with dates
- Technical Reports
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees (two of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
Applications should be submitted by Courier Services under cover in sealed envelope(s) marked "Post of Director of Works & Estate" to the address below:
Delta State Polytechnic,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- Each Candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their referral’s report under confidential cover by courier to reach the above address
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged, please.