Pad-Up Creations is the leading producer of washable and reusable sanitary pads in Africa. As a social company, we are motivated to give sustainable solutions to the menstrual problems faced by rural and low income girls/women in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Project Accountant (PA) is a strategic partner in running the Project and plays a crucial role in providing central financial direction to the Project. The PA will direct and oversee all financial functions of the Project, create, and drives a culture of financial discipline and prudence in all transactions and resource allocations.
- He / She will be required to keep complete and accurate accounting records at all times and present reports on all financial transactions to the Project Team, Project Promoters and any other 3rd parties that may be required.
- He / She will prepare and monitor periodic cash flow projections, manage the liquidity position of the Project, and ensure prompt settlement of liabilities including statutory payments and all forms of taxes that may impinge on the timely completion of the project. This will include ensure that foreign exchange exist to be settle contractors and consultant's invoices in line with budgeted exchange rates and ensure that the project 's open position is with approved limits and is fully covered.
- Project Accountant is responsible for the assessment of the company's performance against both the annual budget (in line with the levers of control) and the company's approved 5-year Plan.
- The Project Accountant is responsible for ensuring that all foreign currency payments are made in accordance with contracted terms and budgeted exchange rates.
- Responsible for periodic Macro-Economic Analysis to help review the Project's strategic assumptions and advice on redress measures where necessary.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Project Team and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Identify risks and possible bottlenecks in the Project Operations and report on possible impact on all aspects of operations.
- Ensure that the project is executed within the approved project costs, plan the project cashflows.
- The Project accountant will ensure that financial discipline and prudence is applied for all transactions and will provide primary controls to ensure that the assets of the project are well secured.
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure Business Pays all obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan.
- Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties.
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Oversee the finance and Accounts unit to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Oversee payroll budgeting, monthly payroll, and all related controls. Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wages, incentives, commissions, and bonuses and ensure adequate cash flow for payroll payments.
- Insurance Claim workflow should be strictly monitored, and each claim settled/closed within a month after the incident.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA) or in process.
- Applicant must have a Minimum of 4 years working experience in similar role as project Accountant.
- As the ideal candidate, you will need to be a visionary leader with a strong communication skill.
- To be successful in this role, you must be proactive & strategic by pre-emptively anticipate issues before they arise. More so, you should possess good business judgment and thoughtfully inquisit.
- Ability to work well under pressure is of utmost importance and travel at short notice.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; candidates are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest.
- Pad-Up Creations Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
- Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of girls/women and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Pad-Up Creations Limited vision.
- It is desirable for overseas candidates need to hold a valid Niger and Benin republic work permit.