ESSO Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL)
(EEPNL) is a subsidiary of ExxonMobil Corporation
with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s Oil & Natural Gas production activity is one of the largest in Nigeria. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
Job Title: Marine Cargo Operator
The Marine Cargo Operator is the first and primary contact for visiting export tankers as well as other ships coming to the production field. The incumbent of this position will be primarily engaged in the loading of crude oil from the FPSO tanks to the export tanker.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Traffic monitoring within the Terminal Exclusion Zone using Radar / ARPA and executing Radar Safety Plans
- Receive and record daily cargo inventory, check and log the stability and ship stress and take corrective measures to ensure that they remain within permissible range
- Assist with gathering and analyzing machinery performance data to achieve cost effective maintenance and high equipment integrity and reliability through interface with the Maintenance group.
- Execute the tanker loading plan
- Serve as Port Facility Security Officer for the FPSO
- Operate Inert Gas and Cargo Pump Hydraulic Systems
- Assist with preparation of cargo tank for inspection, repairs and maintenance
- Assist with management and coordination of safety appliances for regulatory and compliance as well as readiness for use.
- Assist with receiving methanol and fuels on board the FPSO, and coordination of utilities. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Assist with supervision of deck hands and roustabouts, support vessels, and coordination of marine logistics
- Provide support for maintenance activities - Hoses, Hull and calm Buoy facilities
- Assist with preparation of export shipping documents when required
Requirements of Candidate
The successful candidate will have a background in marine operations and be able to work to deliver results with minimum supervision, within a diverse team.
In addition, candidates must possess:
- Class 2 or 3 Deck Officer [FGN] qualification or HND in Nautical Science
- A minimum of 1 year experience of tanker operations or FPSO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience, skill or certification in any of the following will be an added advantage
- Tanker and Dangerous Liquid Cargo Safety Operations
- General Seamanship Skills and knowledge of Framo Hydraulic Pumps and Utility Systems as well as Inert Gas plant.
- Crude Oil Washing/Tank Cleaning operations
- Stability and Ballast Control – use of Cargo Loading computer
- Cargo Control Room experience or certificate with knowledge of Radio Communication and Protocol – GMDSS General Operator Certificate.
- Basic Water Survival, Fire Fighting and First Aid
Country or Region: Nigeria
CB Office Location: Various
Affiliate Name Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited
Employment Type: Students/Graduates Seeking Full-Time
5th December 2011
How To Apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in being disqualified.
Click here to apply online