Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Base Company Representative
The SERVICE holder will supervise/administer the execution of the Service Support and Life of Field Service elements of the project Development Subsea Production System (SPS) Contract with Contractor, based at Contractor’s Supply Base in Onne Port.
The SERVICE holder will be the Client Representative and focal point for Company at the SPS Contractor premises (workshop / operational base) with regards to all Contractor base/workshop service support related activities.
SERVICE holder sphere of activity will include management of Contractor base/workshop service support related activities along with liaison with a number of interfacing packages namely:-
- Company Drilling and Completions team for offshore installation, repair / replacement and routine servicing activities
- UFR Contractor for offshore installation and onshore support activities
- Company Commissioning team for support during commissioning and start-up activities
- Company Field Operations team for supply and support during Life of Field
He/She will be have a leading role in promoting Company’s core HSE values through all stages of onshore and offshore activities, ensuring that Contractors operations are conducted in compliance with procedures:-:
The SERVICE will require management and monitoring of Contractor’s In-Country service related activities as per the following:-,
Oversee Contractor activity for the delivery, inspection, receipt testing (SRT), installation, commissioning and maintenance activity as well as associated storage, materials management, spares (spare part lists includes all consumables and replaceable parts + back-up equipment / technology), documentation, logistics, accommodation, base and workshop services necessary for the deployment of Contractor equipment* and services to Company in compliance with contractual obligations to Company.
- Wellhead, PGB Gasmat & associated equipment
- Wellhead running tools
- Xmas tree & running tools
- Kits for Xtree assembly
- Tubing hanger & running tools
- IWOCS & tools
- ROV & intervention tools
- Jumper, Steel flying Leads (SFL), & associated tools
- FPSO installed equipment
- Review & approval of Maintenance Manuals, Procedures, and Work Packages (should include light maintenance programmes during offshore operations & heavy maintenance programme carried out onshore) including Company owned and Contractor rented tools, for activity to be carried out in Onne base
- Authorise and Follow up Corrective and Planned Preventive maintenance operations on Company purchased equipment & associated scheduling in line with Company standards, contractual scope, objectives and agreed costs (ensure procedures and schedules are in place and implemented by Contractor).
- Ensure inspection and equipment status verification after delivery, SRT and/or associated repair work on any piece of Company equipment at Contractor base.
- Follow up Company equipment and spare parts stock status via UNISUP or spares management tool. Ensure correct level of spares is maintained by Contractor in its facility. (Drive input of Company SUBSEA equipment
- & spares part number(s) / quantities into UNISUP system & definition of minimum stock level of re-orders)
- Mobilisation of Subsea Equipment/tooling in accordance with Company Drilling, ECP and Field Operations activity/requests.
- Authorise, plan and follow up preparation / packing / loading of Company equipment from Contractor facility to other Company sites (yards, workshops, rigs, intervention vessels, FPSO…) and vice versa (i.e. return of equipment to Contractor facility for servicing / storage).
- Manage generation, approval and close-out of Service Orders with Contractor
- Requirement definition & mobilisation of Contractor / Sub-Contractor personnel in line with Company Drilling, ECP and Field Operations activity/requests and Contractor Onne base operational requirements.
- Review and approval of Contractor / Sub Contractor Time Sheets
- Review & approval of Contractor / Sub Contractor personnel CVs
- Review of Contractor / Sub-Contractor personnel training/development programme
- Review & sign minutes of meeting at a package level. Verify that actions are transferred to Action Register.
- Monitor Action Register to ensure that actions are followed up and closed out within agreed times
- Ensure Company project SPS General Manager or his designate fully briefed on all critical activities/issues ongoing at Contractor facility
- Liaise with the relevant focal points for other Company departments (Company Egina UFR Contractor-, Drilling & Completion, Field Operations, ECP, Commissioning etc.) to ensure technical & operational requirements are understood and delivered; and to give/receive appropriate support to achieve Company objectives.
- Manage relationship with Contractors Supply base Organisation (Onne) and drive Contractor activity in order to achieve Company objectives.
- Provide presence at regular intervals at fabrication sites
- Sign, or authorise signature of, the Ready for Shipment Certificate or equivalent Acceptance certificate.
- Review & approval of Site Receipt Test (SRT) programme activity – These tests are performed in NIGERIA on delivered equipment and prior to equipment handover from Contractor to Company SPS.
- Drive Contractor to maintain Contractor / Sub-Contractors tooling scope of supply to perform SRTs
- Sign / endorse completion of SRT, maintenance or procurement activity (ies). PROCUREMENT/SERVICES
- Coordinate and follow up Contractor procurement activities on Company behalf in line with authorised budget, authorisation limits, and Company Standards.
- Authorise Contractor procurement of services and equipment within authorisation limits, and recommend/advise Subsea Manager on required procurements.
- Be fluent in contractual matters for life of field operations contract matters.
- Support the project SPS General Manager or his designate supervise Contract Change Order process via review and approval of Adhoc requisitions and associated documentation for Change Order processing, as well as development of explanatory technical notes for contract Change Orders
- Provide technical assistance for processing such changes in a timely manner
- Prepare, track & report budgetary expenditure
- Follow up equipment storage and storage conditions at Contractor base.
Reporting duties include:
In summary, SERVICE Holder will provide:
- Attend Contractor engineering meetings as and when required
- Attend weekly/monthly/periodic Company / Contractor progress and Service Order meetings (for the relevant activities)
- Attend Company progress meetings as required and report findings (mainly impacting deliveries or costs)
- Issue Company Subsea weekly package report
- Track and report Contract Adhoc requisitions and Change Orders
- Issue / Support the issuing of HSE reports/notifications in line with Company Rules for incidents relating to Company within Contractor premises
- Support preparation of handover dossiers
- Management of Contractor personnel at Contractor base/workshop (Onne) as relevant to service activities.
- Management of Company equipment & tool preparations at Contractor base/workshop for Company operations
- Management of procurement & maintenance activity on equipment & tools
- Assistance to manifold / UTA / jumper construction sites as and when required
- Assistance to Company offshore operations (Drilling & Completion, ECP & Field Operations) as and when required
- Assistance to Company SPS Commissioning team where required
- Communication with Company and Contractor teams at relevant Contractor manufacturing sites for equipment delivery follow-up
- Support for the definition and/or execution of a Life of Field Contract / Aftermarket Contract with Contractor
The SERVICE holder will be accountable for:
- Delivery of the SPS Contractor equipment/services products to specifications, on schedule & within budget
- Adequate interface with other the Company deepwater organisation
- Management of SPS Contractor activities to meet Company operational objectives Acceptance of Contractor supplied equipment
- Ensure/verify that Contractor and Sub-Contractors constantly meet the standards set by Company.
- Maintain a proactive HSE attitude in all working areas in line with Company published standards and comply with Company requirements in terms of HSE training
- Promote & Drive Safety communication e.g. Safety Bulletins etc. issued from the Company Group for awareness within Contractor organisation
- Ensure that risk assessments are performed and controlling / mitigating measures put in place prior to commencement of activities.
- Follow up & drive analysis process of any reported unsafe act related to project development on Contractor premises, ensure close out and transmissions of the lessons learned
- Although this remains the duty of the Contractor and Sub-Contractors, ensure that visitors, relevant to Company project(s), are fully briefed before entering a working site (especially during heavy lift and testing operations) and guided/supervised during the visit
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- Engineering degree (generalist, mechanical,) with experience in drilling / subsea / field operations or manifold fabrication / installation; and experience with service contract management.
- 7 to 10 years cumulative experience engineering, fabrication or operations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online