To support the Manager, Brands Group in developing, executing and evaluating annual activity plans for brands/products, which deliver annual brand performance goals (awareness, equity, volume, market share, etc.) amongst the target audience.
Describe the principal duties expected of this role & quantitative aspects which signify its scope, such as volume, profit, budget
1. Brand plans: Execute approved marketing activities for brands/products, particularly below-the-line programmes. Plan, activate and monitor regular sampling programmes as appropriate for brands/products. Ensure core/major activities are evaluated and learnings captures for future brand planning.
2. Marketing insight: Monitor and report on brand health, including competitor monitoring, using agreed attributes and format. Use consumer insight to inform development of marketing programmes for brands/products. Provide market information with which to report on the performance of brands/products.
3. Competitor monitoring: Track competitor activities in the sector and assist the Manager, Brands Group, in developing response strategies to protect the position of brand/product.
4. Budget: Manage marketing budgets to execute annual activity plans for brands/products, on budget and on time. Monitor expenditure against agreed activities and provide regular reports to the Manager, Brands Group.
5. Results: Execute below-the-line activities for brands/products and evaluate performance against activity objectives.
Financial scope: Responsible for managing marketing expenditure allocated to brands/products.
Reporting To: Manager Brands Group
- Minimum second-class Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, either in Nigeria or abroad. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a reputable company, preferably FMCG, of which at least 2 must be in the Marketing function. Sales and/or Operations experience would be an advantage.
- Interpreting data and information
- Preparation of annual marketing/activity plans
- Development and execution of consumer and trade promotions and POS material
- Third-party supplier management
- Managing budgets and expenditure
- Working in teams
- Understanding of research techniques
- Presentation skills
- Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Articulate – verbal and written
- Able to interact with a range of people (interpersonal skills)
7th February, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates shoud:
and click on Careers