The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the apex regulatory and promotional maritime agency. The Agency was established primarily for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security, Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping and Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment. The Agency also implements domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2022 World Maritime Day Essay Competition (Topic: New Technologies for Greener Shipping in Line with the 2022 World Maritime Day)
- The essay competition is designed to create awareness of the tremendous opportunities in the maritime sector and engender the interest of Nigerian youths to pursue careers in it.
- The World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and by member states globally to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security, marine environment, seafarers and other specific aspects of IMO's work.
- The essay competition is open to only year 1 and year 2 students of Nigerian Tertiary institutions.
- Essays should be maximum of 1200 words (+ or -10%)) double space in MS word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essays should end with the name, phone number and email of the participant.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays to: [email protected] and [email protected] .
- Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
- Only successful participants will be contacted.