Toyota (Nigeria) Limited is the sole distributor of Toyota Motor Corporation Japan in Nigeria and it markets Toyota vehicles specifically made for Nigeria through its 7 accredited dealers across the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 16th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest 2023 (Theme: Your Dream Car)
Entry Terms and Conditions
- Target Applicants: 15 years old and under who live in Nigeria
- Category 1: 7 years old or under
- Category 2: 8-11 years old
- Category 3: 12-15 years old
- Begin to practice now till the contest date in November 2022
- Both original artworks 1 and digital data 2 will be acceptable.
Please send artwork to the Contest Office according to the Following Guidelines.
- Hand drawing artworks, prints of computer graphics artworks;
- Photographing/scanned data of hand drawing artworks, computer graphics data
- Paper size:
- 400mm x 550 mm (15.7-21.7in.) or smaller
- The recommended size is A3 or tabloid size. (A4, quarter, and octavo sizes are also acceptable.)
- The color, material, and shape of paper can be chosen freely.
- The artwork with a thickness of over 5mm will be disqualified.
- Drawing materials:
- Any drawing materials can be used, such as color pencils, markers, crayons, or paints.
- Computer graphics artwork created on a computer or similar device will be accepted.
- Collage or cutout pictures will be allowed for plane drawings, excluding ones making other artworks dirty or requiring special care in handling.
- Collaborative artwork drawn by multiple individuals.
- Artwork created by a person other than the participant.
- Piece with incomplete Entry Forms or missing information
- Drawings fetching photographs
- Drawings that resemble the famous paintings and the previous Toyota Dream Car Art Contest artworks
- Drawings including trademarked characters, logos, and specific goods
Original artworks 1:
- Please fill in all the necessary items on the Entry Form, and securely attach it to the back of your artwork.
Digital Data 2:
- Please fill in all the necessary items on the Entry Form and send it’s password- protected scanned data (PDF) by email.
- Parent/Guardian’s consent is needed to apply for this contest.
Application (Submission) Location: At the drawing contest venue in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Lagos
Judging will be strictly conducted in two stages:
- Artworks entered are judged as the Nigeria National Contest.
- The top 3 places in each category in the Nigeria National Contest will be submitted to the World Contest that will be held in Japan.
- In the World Contest, these entries selected from each country and region will be judged by a jury panel, where award winners will be selected.
Nigeria National Contest:
- The top three artworks from each age category at the Nigeria National Contest will be announced on www.toyotanigeria.com and in a national newspaper, and a prize of personal computer will be awarded to the winners.
As supplementary prize, prize money intended to be used for educational purposes will be presented as follows:
- 5,000USD prize money to Grand Prize winners in each category (3 persons in total) / Special Award winners in all categories (2 persons in total)
- 10,000USD prize money to Grand Prize / Special Award winners’ elementary / junior high / high schools.
- 3,000USD prize money to 7 Best Finalists in each category (21 persons in total).
Guidelines for Prize Money:
- All the taxes related to prize money and expenses which are not specifically described on this official terms and conditions should be paid and borne by the winner or his / her parent(s) / guardian and winner’s school themselves.
- The prize money payment should be settled based on the rate of remittance date.
- When receiving prize money, the winner’s parent(s)/guardian and responsible person of his/her school need to sign on the receipt.
- The necessity of filing final tax returns/tax payment should be confirmed by the winner or his/her parent(s) / guardian and winner’s school themselves based on local regulations and proceeded accordingly.
- World Contest Winners and their schools should agree with the Terms and Conditions which will be separately set to receive prize money.
- Regarding supplementary prize, please note that there is possibility to change depends on contest organizer’s discretion.
Announcement of Winners:
- Winners (or the person in charge of each group) will be notified to them and their schools by the contest office.
- The results of the Nigeria National Contest are scheduled to be announced around December 2022 while the result of the World Contest will be announced on the Official Website of the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest around August 2023. (URL: https://www.toyota-dreamcarart.com)
- Submissions that have previously been released, submissions that have been entered in other contests, and submissions that infringe on a third party’s copyrights will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
- Family members of employees of Toyota or Toyota Motor Corporation related companies are also eligible to participate.
- Any private information collected as part of the contest will not be used for any other purpose.
- All rights in the submitted artworks, including but not limited to publication, use, adaption, editing, and revision rights, will belong to Toyota Motor Corporation.
- The submitted artworks may be used in advertisements and printed materials by Toyota Motor Corporation and partner companies that have supported the contest and obtained an official approval by Toyota Motor Corporation for the purpose of advertising.
- Prize eligibility may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- The winners must submit to Toyota Motor Corporation a declaration attesting that they meet the eligibility requirements and an agreement that they will not submit their award-winning artworks to any other art contest.
- This contest will be invalid in regions which are prohibited or restricted legally.
Handling of Personal Information
- Notification of judging and judging results of this contest
- Sending of supplementary prize for this contest by mail
- Surveys for the purpose of improving the content of this contest, and for anonymous statistical analysis for marketing, etc.
- Under adequate safeguards any usage deemed necessary by Toyota Motor Corporation in order to conduct the contest fairly and safely.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to download Registration Form
Click here for more information
- You must consider originality, creativity, environmental friendliness and futuristic concept.
- Your artwork must not only illustrate a car but must also include a background or setting.
- Fill up the entire page with colours.
- Past Winners of World Contest cannot be awarded in the same category again.(“Winners” refer to; Grand Prize, Best Finalist (Encouragement Award in the 11th and the 12th Contest) and Special Award winners.)
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties:
- With the exception of providing personal information to contractors within the necessary scope of conducting this contest, personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without the permission of the individual.
- In operating and managing this contest, personal information will be provided to a company contracted to handle personal information that has adequate safeguards in place.