Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Identification: 39
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations and preparation of structural drawings
- Preparation of project related specifications and standards and monitoring project execution to ensure strict compliance with all quality requirements.
- Perform engineering design calculations and prepare sketches as required on assigned projects.
- Develop proposals, manage tendering processes and supervise contractors on site.
- Manage project scope and changes in line with the company’s Change Control Procedure
- Demonstrate safety leadership, take full cognizance of all health, safety and environment issues on sites and ensure alignment with the company’s HSSE policy.
- Manage projects to ensure completion on time and within budget.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigating factors.
- Review and approve project drawings in compliance with all local and international codes and standards.
- Attend project progress monitoring meetings, monitor, and prepare detailed reports.
- B.Eng in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of cognate experience in a similar role.
- Conversant with relevant international standards and local building codes/practice
- Solid experience working in the design and construction of luxury residential and commercial buildings as a contractor or consultant.
- Knowledge of relevant legal regulations for building construction.
- Construction Management
- Contract administration
- Conflict management/resolution
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Commercially astute and experience in managing multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and a keen eye for details
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2022.