Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export. Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Metallurgical & Material Engineer
Location: Sango - Ota, Ogun
Reporting Line: General Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
- The incumbent is responsible for developing ways of optimizing production processes in a ferrous & non-ferrous plant where scrap is converted to valuable finished goods; investigate and examine the production performance such as percentage yield, chemical composition and physical properties.
- Metals such as ferrous & non –ferrous are manufactured to end user and standards organizations' specifications. He designs and fabricates new materials and alloys and formulates new and more efficient processes of fabrication of materials.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands metal Recycling, physical & process metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the entire recycling process for ferrous and non- ferrous metals
- Studying the properties of various materials and finding means of improving their characteristics
- Testing and evaluating efficiency, characteristics and performance of new alloys
- Conducting feasibility studies about new alloys as well as their respective fabrication procedures
- Researching and formulating methods of extraction of pure metals from ores
- Researching methods of refining extracted method and formulating cost effective and efficient methods
- Documenting and preparing detailed records of all research procedures and details
- Regularly keeping in touch with metallurgical research taking place in different parts of the world
- Collaborating with scientists and other researchers who work in similar fields
- Implementing safety measures and train junior staff
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GM and/ or GMD
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Degree in Metallurgical / Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Must have 5 years hands on experience in ferrous and non –ferrous metal.
- Knowledge of Recycling; Melting of metals from various scrap sources to get the right chemistry and physical properties of the specified finished goods
- Knowledge of Physical Metallurgy; behaviour of metal under stress & changes in temperature. Investigate accidents due to metallurgical failures.
- Knowledge of Process Metallurgy; shaping of metals through casting, rolling, forging and drawing; joining of metals through welding and soldering techniques. Designing metal components & Prototypes.
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements
- A thorough knowledge regarding various materials and their characteristics
- A thorough knowledge regarding extraction and refining procedures of various materials
- Tremendous amount of creativity and innovative skills
- Excellent analysis and observation skills along with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work for long hours and patience for research
- Proven ability to build and manage a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Discipline, integrity and result oriented
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve desired objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful and focused on achieving set goals
- High energy level; ebullient.
N250,000 - N300,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.