GE Nigeria - Energy Management - Power Conversion GE Energy’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world’s energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Energy Management - Power Conversion serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer 6
Job Number: 2055548
Business: GE Energy Management
Business Segment: EM-PC Power Conversion
- As a Field Service Engineer you will be based at our regional office supporting new and existing marine customers.
- Field service work will include service, commissioning, trouble-shooting and training customers on GE equipment on-board ships.
- The field service work will take place in shipyards, at ports or offshore.
- Perform on-site installation of electrical systems and equipment; perform ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
- Electrical degree from an accredited university or similar technical qualification.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time (including overseas), is available to respond to out-of-hours calls.
- Acts as Duty Engineer when required to receive out-of-hours calls and determines course of action.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online