The University of Lagos
(UNILAG), a Federal Government University in Lagos, Lagos State, southern Nigeria, has remained one of the best and renowned in the country. With an enrollment of over 50,000 students, UNILAG is one of the largest universities in Nigeria. The University has built a legacy of academic excellence and is acknowledged as "the University of First Choice and the Nations Pride. The main campus is located at Akoka, Yaba area of Lagos, while the campus of its College of Medicine with its adjunct Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) is located idi-Araba, Surulere, on the Lagos mainland.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the academic staff position of:
Job Title: Assistant Lecturer
Areas of Specialisation: Botany
- A candidate for this post should normally possess a good first degree in Botany and a master's degree in Botany from a recognized University and must have registered for the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidate with first class honours degree in Botany and must have registered for the Ph.D. programme may be considered for appointment.
Areas of Specialization:
Salaries and Allowances
- Plant Physiology, Ecology, Playnology.
CONUASS 2 (N794,260.00 - N957,402.00) per annum
Conditions of Service
As contained in the approved conditions governing service of Senior Staff of the University.
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2015
Method of Application
Detailed application (10) ten copies should include candidate’s Curriculum Vitae as follows:
- Names in full
- Place and date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Phone (Mobile)
- Nationality at Birth
- State/Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Secondary and Post Secondary Education (including dates and Institution)
- Academic and Professional qualifications (including Distinctions with dates)
- Statements of experience including full details of former and present post.
- Current Research
- Details of Publications including: Authorship; Candidates should state their contributions; evidence to support the contribution should be produced where possible.
- Names of Journals in which they are published and
- Date of publication.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
In addition to stating the names and addresses of the referees, applicants should request their referees to forward reference on their behalf directly to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource Management Department),
University of Lagos,
Applicants from the range of Professorship to Lectureship I should include a bound copy of their publications to their applications.
Applications and supporting materials should be forwarded to:
The Deputy Registrar,
Human Resource Management Department,
University of Lagos,
Indicate the post applied for at the "top left corner of the envelope". Applicants are expected to visit: recruitment.unilag.edu.ng
to complete the online application and attach the acknowledgement print-out to the hard copy of their application.