RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing the USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. This position is open to experienced local governance professionals and residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Manager
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing technical and management aspects of the LEAD financial management and with responsibility for implementation, quantity control, reporting, monitoring, and staff management, together with expertise in the areas of internal control systems, corporate systems and processes, as well as international finance and accounting systems in Nigeria.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Ensuring proper segregation of duties are identified and managed for all transactions and disbursements in accordance with prescribed RIT policies and procedures and related US government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDARs).
- Responsible for accurate financial data flow from the Sokoto field office to the Bauchi office on a timely basis.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure that the appropriate level of cash is being maintained and properly controlled within Sokoto field office by reviewing proposed budgets for LEAD activities and recommending action to the DCDP/COP; reviewing and recommendation action on cash management requests (as assigned); and monitoring cash and bank balances to ensnare sufficient cash on hand to meet anticipated project expenditures.
- As part of LEAD's management team, provides back-up support in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Reviews, processes, and retires cash advances for travel, grants, and other project activities and operations.
- Prepares financial information and project financial reports using QuickBooks general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party and Director of Finance.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Development Studies, Accounting or Finance related fields.
- M.Sc and 6 years' experience or BSc and 10 years' experienced required including at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- ICAN/ACA or ACCA Chartered Accountancy certification desired.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills as well as be ability to demonstrate experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets with ability to transfer these skills to other users.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with QuickBooks required.
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of CFRs preferred.
- Multi sector (education, health water and sanitation) services delivery background and experience.
- Good knowledge of USAID or other donor funded reporting formats is required
- Excellent technical and managerial skills, team player who works independently
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the North preferred.
21st July, 2015
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter which summarizes how your relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV in reverse chronological order to: [email protected]
. Also include the position applied for in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.