Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
is recruiting for Multimedia Assistant, Information Access
Job Title: Multimedia Assistant, Information Access
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Office of the President
Annual Salary: USD 19,388 - USD 25,781
Supervisor: Multimedia Officer
The incumbent is responsible for maintenance and content management of the internet and intranet websites of ECOWAS. As part of the efforts to improve overall communication and outreach to the general public and partners, this position ensures that websites are used as vehicle to promote results and activities as well as the ECOWAS brand for both office work and projects. In close consultation with ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies, the Multimedia Assistant establishes and maintains email-based networks and intranets and facilitates discussions among users to improve internal communication within ECOWAS and among ECOWAS Agencies.
The Multimedia Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme teams in ECOWAS and ECOWAS Agencies for website content collection/update and user management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides website maintenance and content management to ECOWAS websites and intranets.
- Collects information and data for website content from appropriate directorates (documents, pictures, speeches, press releases, etc.)
- Maintains ECOWAS websites and intranets in compliance with ECOWAS corporate website or brand image standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Contributes to ECOWAS Communication Strategy on web-based communication
- Initiates or proposes website management procedures for ECOWAS website and intranets, which include the service scope, standard forms, information update frequency, standard job delivery time, update procedure, and quality control mechanism and web-based functionalities etc.
- Communicates the website management procedure with related parties, in order to build up organization-wide knowledge sharing mechanism based on website platform
- Following the approved website management procedure, carries out administration tasks of ECOWAS public sites and intranets by uploading/updating information on webpage, manage website security settings etc.
- Creates or edit templates for website content to professionalize marketing and awareness raising on ECOWAS activities
- Works closely with ECOWAS Agencies, staff responsible for communication and website content and ensure collaboration for ECOWAS website content
- Trouble-shoots and monitors websites for ECOWAS agencies specific websites upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Maintains and updates a website environment history log.
- Minimum of a National Diploma or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or related field with relevant certifications in communications, website management and application
- Minimum of six years of working experience, including in communications, website management and development and working knowledge in web design (power user of Photoshop and Dream Waver, PHP, MySQL and familiar with operation of SharePoint), website and server security knowledge.
- should not be 50 years old or over at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
- Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Commission; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
Application Closing Date
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide web management services including web design, content update, user management and security setting etc.
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Sharepoint portal server, and IIS server, corporate protection systems, programming with PHP, SQL, HTML, Java.
- Self-motivated and consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude
31st October 2012
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should
Click Here To Apply Online
This position is a locally recruited position which means that candidates applying for this position must be legally resident in the Member State of the duty station at the time of application.