APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
The Position: Executive Assistant to Managing Director (Female position)
Job Ref: 51957
The Executive Assistant (Female position) to the Managing Director works in close cooperation with the MD in order to make the MD’s day as efficient as possible. The EA is also responsible for administrative tasks around the MD function.
· Standing in for the MD and making informed decisions within his authority as well as delegating work to others under his supervision;
· Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
· Organizing and attending meetings, and ensuring the MD is well-prepared for meetings;
· Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling with the MD to provide general assistance during travel, meetings or presentations;
· Carrying out background research and presenting findings into subjects the manager is dealing with;
· Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow and filing;
· Organizing and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
· Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
· Editing events, Updating and Publishing the APMTAL’s Newsletter
· Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
· Welcoming and looking after visitors;
· Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
· Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post;
· Dealing with correspondence and writing letters, and taking dictation and minutes
- Master’s degree in Business or related field.
- Four to six years of direct working experience with MD or CEO of a large organization.
- Diligence in managing challenging situations and multiple priorities through to completion.
- Strong Business mindset and understanding.
- Excellent Planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written communication (English language) and negotiating skills.
- Initiative to work independently and also as a team member.
- Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality and judgment in dealing with sensitive issues or data.
- Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong communication skills.
- Excellent word processing skill, computer literate.
- Foreign language skills is an added advantage.
For enquiries, please contact: