The Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition is an event sponsored by Cowbell Milk (a quality food product from Promasidor Nigeria Limited) and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education.
We have been running this competition nationally for over a decade and it is widely acclaimed as one of the most credible educational competitions in Nigeria that truly seeks to reward excellence.
2016 Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition
General Rules and Regulations
- The competition is open to Students from 10-18 years of age attending private and public Secondary School full time in Nigeria.
- Entry into this competition is FREE. Only the best ten (10) students in Mathematics - 5 from JSS3 and 5 from SSS2 (irrespective of sex, religion or state of origin) from each school are eligible to sit for this examination.
- To encourage Girl Child Education, we are making a humble appeal that mixed school should nominate a minimum of 2 girls for each category to represent such school.
- Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, March 19th, 2015 at 10:00am. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, No calculators will be allowed.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination center list to check for the center nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY open to Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
Prizes and Awards
- Stage I: (Written)
- Stage II: CowbellPedia Mathematics TV Show
- 1st Prize: 5 Desktop Computers and Printer
- 2nd Prize: 3 Desktop Computers and Printer
- 3rd Prize: 2 Desktop Computers and Printer
- 1st Prize: N25,000
- 2nd Prize: N20,000
- 3rd Prize: N15,000
- 1st Prize: N400,000
- 2nd Prize: N300,000
- 3rd Prize: N200,000
National Cash Prize:
- 1st Prize: N1,000,000
- 2nd Prize: 750,000
- 3rd Prize: N500,000
Benson OWEKA'S Memorial Prize:
- Higher Education exercise books and pens for all the Students of the winning school. This prize goes to the School with the most consistent and outstanding performance average over a three year period. For this year, we are looking at the period 2014 - 2016.
- Exciting Consolation prizes at the Second stage
- Cash awards to Mathematics teachers of winning candidates at both state and national levels
- Trophies, Plaques, Mathematical sets, medals, Certificates, T-Shirt, Face caps, Stationery kits and mathematics textbooks
- National Champions in both Senior and Junior Categories will be sponsored on an all expense paid vacation.
10:00 am; Saturday, 19th March, 2016.
How to Enter
- Candidate should: Click here to start application
- Click on link to register your school
- Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
- An email will be sent to the School and Primary contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. Both email addresses must be verified before you can login.
- Once both emails are verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
- On successful login, you click on the Add Candidates under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate's information on the form, upload the candidate's picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If you school is a mixed school, at least 2 of the candidates must be female or you won't be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior) button will be shown on the page to “Register junior/senior candidates”. Click the button to complete the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and will also be mailed to the School, candidate and parent/guardian email address.
- Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed by the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
- Accreditation of candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Candidates are advised to check their results online at: www.cowbellpedia.ng from Wednesday, June 1st, 2016.
- Please refer to the list of examination centres to confirm the nearest centre to you.
For more information, please call: Tosin: 07087057670
, Kingsley: 08055967595
and Sophiat: 08073219515