CA Global, is recruiting on behalf of Afreximbank, an African focused Trade Finance bank, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Client Relations (Associate / Strategy / Business Planning / Client Relations)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reviews and Analysis:
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios. etc
- Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
- Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the Regional Branch team following preliminary review.
- Under the supervision of a designated Regional Branch staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
- Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
- Prepare and manage the Regional Branch transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making.
- Submission of Branch Monthly reports through the Regional Manger to the Director - Trade Finance & Branches.
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank.
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
- Develop, update and manage a database of Trade Finance Intermediaries.
- Representing the Regional Branch office in Internal & external meetings when required to do so.
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
- Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which Regional Branch actions are required.
- Liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients
- Supporting the Regional Branch team with administrative services during Road shows, missions and conferences.
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 5 years. An MBA would be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Being able to be multi-tasked, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
Application Closing Date
- Permanent role
- Offer Tax Free Salaries paid in USD
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online