International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
IMC seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Human Resources Manager for its Country Program. He/she will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Director. He/she will manage and implement Human Resources (HR) strategy of IMC in Nigeria.
We are therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects in Borno.
- In consultation with supervisor the MEO will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The MEO will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the M&E Manager.
- Apply output indicators of projects to measure the achievement of each objective.
- Collect, collate and analyze data based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively monitor the status of project implementation
- Support the M&E Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Support M&E Manager in provide training to ensure that project and partner organization staff as well as staff of other relevant stakeholders are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators and progress on all outputs
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the M&E Manager for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Application Closing Date
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems, or other relevant certifications - Professional Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience in - program monitoring and evaluation which includes database development and management, remote monitoring, assessments and situation analysis in emergency settings
- Experience in working with a range of humanitarian donors (e.g. OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) is an advantage
- Experience in working with program and technical staff on proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in M&E positions on emergency response programming is preferred
- Experience in WASH, health, nutrition, GBV and food security programming preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Ability to live and work in insecure environment with rapidly changing security situation
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus. In addition, He/She must be able to use analytical packages like EpiInfo, SPSS and STATA
- Strong ability to produce cohesive and informative reports (qualitative and quantitative) for a range of audiences
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired.
9th June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]
indicating the position applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not considered.
Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.