Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN)
is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of
revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Medical and Occupational Health function, career opportunity exist for an ambitious and results oriented individual.
We are interested in recruiting a superior calibre Staff Physician with the highest standard of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Title: STAFF PHYSICIAN
The successful candidate will conduct regular out-patient consultations for our employees and their dependents, attend to emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week (on a shared rotation with other physicians), as well as implement the Company’s Occupational Health Policy and the clinical aspects of its Alcohol and Drug Use Policy.
In addition, the role may require working in any of our locations in Nigeria including trips to offshore sites.
The successful candidate must be eager to learn and improve clinical and professional skills, work effectively in a team setting and possess the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
The ideal candidate must fit the following profile:
- MBBS (or equivalent) from a recognised institution
- Fellowship as a specialist physician, preferably in Cardiology, Occupational Health or Family Practice
- Previous knowledge and practice of Occupational Medicine will be an added advantage
- Ability to treat minor injuries in an out-patient theatre and critical analysis of all emergency scenarios
- Ability to conduct and review various types of medical examinations including preemployment/pre-placement assessment of fitness for work, medical surveillance/ occupational health evaluations as well as return to work examination
- Current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support will be an added advantage
- Three years post specialization and general professional training
- Diploma in Occupational Medicine, AFOM, or MFOM is desirable
- Ability to make presentations and conduct health education and awareness to employees and dependants
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you meet the requirements listed for this position, please visit our website at http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
to submit your application and upload
your curriculum vitae (CV).
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE
To complete the application process:
Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
Click on ‘Search openings
in the keyword search box
Please note that any application placed outside the Mobil Producing Nigeria Job and
Careers website- http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria
is placed at the applicant’s
The advert closes on 13th July 2010
. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications
may result in their being disqualified.