Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Our success as a business depends on the success of our people. So we make sure that we create an environment where all our employees feel included and able to perform at their best.
We have a culture where success is celebrated, no matter how big or small. We trust each other and value openess and honesty in our working relationships. As an example, look at our performance management process, Partners for Growth. This programme provides opportunities for everyone in Guinness to share their broader goals in life and supports them in exploring and harnessing their unique strengths at work. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Statutory Accounts Manager
Finance Reporting Manager
The Statutory Accounts Manager is primarily responsible for the preparation of statutory financial statements in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); ensures business compliance with changes in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and financial reporting regulations in Nigeria as well as ensuring that reporting activities are carried out at world standard level.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Preparation of monthly statutory financial statements based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and regulatory requirements in Nigeria.
- Stay current with statutory rules and regulations in Nigeria and determine the impact changes to the rules and regulations have on Guinness Nigeria’s business.
- Preparation of all aspects of quarterly and annual financial statements including all supporting schedules.
- Provide support to the interim and annual financial audits.
- Provision of financial analysis to support external reporting IFRS. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Understanding of and application of IFRS accounting.
- Ensure Controls around Record to Report (RTR) meets a minimum of ‘satisfactory’ CARM rating
Barriers to Success in Role
- Graduate Calibre. Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA) is mandatory
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in Financial Accounting with proven integrity.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda including good customer service.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
- Good communication and presentation skill.
- Good team player with good coaching skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package- Record To Report (RTR) SAP.
- Inability to manage and influence a spectrum of key Innovation stakeholders and elicit buy-in and support.
- Inability to learn fast, adaptation to a new, flexible role and manage relationships with varied stakeholders. Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com
- Inability to plan work and work under tight deadlines
Lagos based with limited local and foreign travel
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online