MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Internet Services Planning Engineer
- Development of National Internet Strategy, ISP infrastructure development, service backbone and distributed point-of-presence (POP) infrastructure and be responsible for interfacing with Internet Service Providers and IP Datacomms Team to define and implement best fit architecture for realization of new internet service objectives
- Liaise with Network Operations, Enterprise Solutions, IS, all Planning units and other internal company departments by team members to provide assistance to stakeholders on IP planning projects and ensure design and implementation are carried out to specification
- Assist Network Operations, IS and Enterprise Solution with second level problem analyses and troubleshooting
- Develop and control NWG methodologies for acquisition and distribution of Public (internet ) IP addressing and Autonomous System numbering for achievement of the organization’s internal and external data service obligations.
- Design and develop internet Point of Presence sites and infrastructure.
- Design and plan service provisioning for all the MTN fixed data infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain the strategy for continuous achievement of higher cost efficiency and reliability in MTN’s Internet Service Provision plan.
- Receive and review internal/external request for internet access and connectivity and map out the requirements and procedure for successful and cost effective provisioning of required resources.
- Implement accurate performance monitoring techniques to ensure adequate capacity and capability for the achievement of given SLAs, Quality and Class of Service targets for all internet service streams.
- Ensure the production & evolution of Network Security policies and implementation of required amendments as may from time to time be directed by the information security steering committee.
- Support planning and development of Network Performance Management and Provisioning and Service Support Systems used in the planning, delivery and management of MTN’s IP/Data Services and Networks.
- Compile, analyze and present trend reports on internet capacity demand, utilization and availability.
- Develop mitigation action plans for any identified security breaches or loopholes
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant Engineering or Science courses
- At least 4 years extensive experience in IT, Telecommunications & systems integration preferably in an ISP environment
- Minimum Cisco qualification of CCNP/CCIP/CCDP level with extensive systems integration and network design experience
- Sound understanding of Telecoms standards & working knowledge of IP/MPLS and BGP peering techniques
- Very good understand of Internet related network services e.g. B-RAS,RADIUS, DNS & DHCP, etc
- Data & Voice networking protocols such as IP, BGP
- Expert Knowledge of advanced IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, etc)
- Understanding of high capacity Packet & circuit transmission technologies & products, e.g. SDH, DWDM, ATM, Frame Relay
- Experience with 3G, HSDPA, GSM, TDMA, CDMA networks will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of IP/MPLS networks with Service Provider bias
- Good Knowledge of the Mobile Packet Core
- Working Knowledge of service provider security requirements
- Technical Project Management
- New technologies training
- Telecoms network design and planning principles
Application Closing Date
- BEng, BSc, BTech, BA, BEd or HND
31st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online