First Excelsia Professional Services - Our client, a key player in the Telecommunications industry is recruiting sutiably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager / Vice President - Sales & Business Development
- We are looking to hire a dynamic business development professional for the position of a General Manager / Vice President – Sales & Business Development.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for unlocking the immense business opportunities, opening all possible doors and helping to seal deals within its space with a focus on the B2B business model.
Key Requirements of the Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a persuasive, comprehensible manner demonstrating an understanding of their needs.
- Customer Focus: Passionately meets or exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Goal Setting / Short Term Planning: Achieves results by firm prioritization, setting realistic goals, analysis and decision-making. Shows tenacity in achieving results.
- Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution to these. Is able to network and influence effectively, both internally and externally.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Takes full ownership of the task at hand.
- Innovation: Embraces creativity, innovation and is open to new ideas. Innovates to improve current working practices / products / technologies to provide business opportunities and results.
- Statistical / analytical skills
- High energy individual with creative and interpersonal abilities to problem solving.
- Ability to think strategically and apply principles in day to day functioning.
- High on Execution and deadline driven
- Desirable: Out of box thinker
Required Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate;
- Should have an excellent understanding of the Nigerian business markets
- Should have been successful in developing and/or closing large deals in the E-Commerce, Financial sectors – BFSI including Fintech space, Retail, Telecom, and more
- Ability to open doors, by deep relationships/engagement across senior levels and functions
- Ability to innovate and sell solutions on the basis of identified business needs
- Technical Competence: Uses technical knowledge (willing to acquire in case not available) and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge, to meet and exceed requirements / customer expectations.
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of a graduate degree (B.A., B.Sc.). An M.Sc. would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 15+ years of total experience in Sales & BD Operations is required.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 22nd January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.