OkadaBooks is a group of fun and creative people who are proactively creating solutions in the publishing space… problem-solvers who work independently and consistently deliver results that impact local and international authors/publishers, while driving forward our reading and writing culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid Level
About the Role
- As Coordinator of Business Development at OkadaBooks, your primary responsibility will be to develop and grow strong revenue streams utilizing our product offerings … both existing and new. This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interaction with clients, the ability to open new doors, close big deals and maintain key relationships.
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to manage and deliver on projects is essential. This role will be supported by a talented content team.
- OkadaBooks is rapidly growing and we need a business development leader who is customer-focused, consultative, and comfortable with discussing innovative solutions in the publishing space. While a background in publishing is not a requirement, a willingness to learn and empathize with prospects is. In this role, you will oversee a portfolio of clients and work with the content team to improve our processes as we scale.
- He/She will report directly to the Team Lead, Business Operations and work collaboratively with the Business Development team.
The specific responsibilities of the Business Development Coordinator will include:
- Positioning OkadaBooks as the top literary platform for organizations and brands looking to reach African readers & the literary community.
- Understanding OkadaBooks’ products and articulating their benefits effectively.
- Establishing and delivering monthly and quarterly revenue targets for publishing services, ad sales, grants, and sponsorships.
- Creating compelling sales pitch materials and proposals for grant applications and brand partnerships.
- Responding to sales tickets.
- Researching brands, agencies and generating leads for outreach via phone call or physical meetings.
- Attending networking events and industry conferences to develop relationships with decision-makers.
- Managing the sales process and developing ways to improve the conversion rate.
- Planning, organizing and managing Grant and Partnership programs.
- Attracting High-value authors and publishers to utilize the OkadaBooks platform.
- Managing daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure consistent above-quota results based on successful pipeline management.
- Refining, measuring and optimizing a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales KPIs.
Who’s a good fit for this role?
A great candidate for this role:
- Possesses 3+ years experience in B2B sales and/or sales partnerships.
- Possesses previous experience in grant and proposal writing
- Has ample experience with researching, identifying, contacting and partnering with top brands and businesses.
- Has great communication and customer service skills.
- Understands the importance of speed and iteration.
- Has a bias for delivering work as fast as possible.
- Believes relationships are critical to success.
- Has a flexible and resourceful attitude to work challenges
- Is comfortable working in a startup organization that’s growing and evolving.
- Is proficient in the use of G-suite
- Connections to the African literary community is an added bonus
- Possesses high-impact communication and presentation skills.
- Possesses superb time-management, organizational, and project-management skills.
Benefits of the role;
- Full-time compensation.
- Annual leave.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An emotionally intelligent team.
- Access to literary events and books.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package.
- Monthly mobile data.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2020.