United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Team Member, Middleware Management
- Provide technical support for middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc. (Installation, configuration, testing, supporting Issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of ESB.)
- Monitor middleware systems ensure high-availability and 100% uptime.
- To ensure all routine/periodic housekeeping functions are carried out as at when due.
- Vendor Management - Ensure fluid engagements with all 3rd party support providers(Vendors) to increase content on the platforms and ensure they are stable.
- Deploy, Administer, Support and maintain middleware applications to enable communication between financial applications on diverse platforms with varying interfaces.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and success working in Integrated Product Teams; Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Daily Technical Support functions:
- Check and treat all logs/email escalations within the SLA i.e.? issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable
- Routine housekeeping - Backup of logs periodically (daily weekly etc.), Clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update Platform Checklist that contains all specific to be carried out on each platform on said dates
- Ensure the platforms are up and functional at all times
- Ensure all user platforms are optimized and functioning optimally
- Escalate all issues to the team lead in a timely and explicit manner
Product and Project Management:
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and project remains on track
- Ensure timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit
- Ensure that vendor related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
Income and Revenue Tracking:
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly Review and reporting of projects, Issues and collection mandates.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Channel Adoption Report.
- Review daily transaction status reports to identify reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide AD HOC reports when required.
- Our ideal candidate must have experience in troubleshooting, monitoring and administration of Middleware Applications such as IBM, ESB ACE etc. and ensure 100% uptime.
- He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day Middleware Management activities, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs with a minimum of 2 years' experience in the banking sector or any related technology field.
- Strong knowledge in UNIX/Linux, MS SQL, Oracle, Finacle will give an added advantage.
- Strong UNIX/Linux operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem- solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer experience and issue resolution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.