Arik Air - Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world's leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Vice President Marketing, Customer Loyalty & Customer Relations
Reporting to: VP Commercial/CCO
Direct Report: AVP Marketing/SM CL & CRM
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- The Assistant VP Marketing, CL & CRM will be responsible for providing leadership and management of the Company’s marketing team, conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy and achieving marketing targets.
- Specific responsibilities include business and market research and planning; Strategic direction for promotion and advertising; Corporate marketing, partner/channel marketing, product marketing, and product management; Coordination with sales and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
- The VP Marketing will drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader to achieve its revenue goals.
- The VP will be responsible for Arik’s loyalty programs, partnerships and customer relations, strategic marketing plans to increase supplemental revenue.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Define the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s growth.
- Strategic planning including corporate positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Oversee marketing communications including; branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, seminars and events, collateral materials, market research management, website design and content etc.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface with VP Sales for lead tracking and management.
- Work closely with VP Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for market and product requirements.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- Develop Arik’s tactical marketing strategy to support the development, testing and execution of marketing campaigns for the loyalty and partnership programs. This includes web promotions, e-mail campaigns, event marketing, inflight promotions, sponsorships, and internet marketing efforts.
- Restructure Arik’s mileage based loyalty program to better align with corporate business model and customer base.
- Develop and optimize Arik’s destination and hotel partnerships including restructuring of distributions channels, contract re-negotiations, marketing and pricing strategy.
- Act as strategic leader and point of contact between Arik staff and all loyalty partners to facilitate discussions and projects between Arik and partners.
- Bachelor's or preferably Master’s degree in Marketing, Branding, Communication studies.
- 8 - 10 years marketing experience in airline/travel industry with 4 years in similar/senior management position.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage marketing activities (PR, corporate identity).
- A result oriented track record in the creation of successful marketing campaigns and promotions that drive consumer response.
- Must have exceptional project management, organizational, analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and brand management activities.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, promotional marketing tactics, messaging programs, channel management, event planning and web design.
- Ability to work with very limited resources and ensure proper and timely execution.
- Thorough knowledge of innovative marketing techniques to maximize spent and capable problem solver.
- Experience managing ad placement and sponsorships.
- Demonstrated successful experience negotiating with media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent, lead, manage and motivate people.
- Experience managing marketing service vendors including print/press, design and tradeshows.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships and lead cross functional teams.
- Professional presence - interacting with external members of the industry.
- Strong creative, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Membership in a professional organization a plus.
Application Closing Date
- The post holder will maintain close relationships with key stakeholders, these include:
- Network Planning
- Global Sales and Distribution
- Ground Operations
- Third party vendors
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV's to: [email protected]
Click here to apply online