Posted on Tue 23rd Nov, 2010 - hotnigerianjobs.com --- (19 comments)
NNPC Trainee Operators/ Technologists Recruitment 2010
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
is the National Oil Company of Nigeria and a major player in the Nigerian and International Oil and Gas Industry. Its operations span across the complete Oil and Gas Value Chain covering, upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
As part of our efforts in repositioning the Corporation for the future and providing a strategic springboard to maximize the benefits accruable to Nigeria and Nigerians from the Oil and Gas Industry and the expected transformation of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry, we are looking to bring on board versatile and ambitious young graduates and experienced professionals driven by excellence and commitment to value creation.
Trainee Operators/ Technologists (Reference No: TO.01A/TEC.01B)
The appointee will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the assigned plants on a shift basis.
- Operate the process and service units within the prescribed limits to achieve production targets for quantity and quality, safely and efficiently
- Execute on a daily basis, routine and non-routine operations for the assigned area taking due care to implement all HSE consideration for the activity
- Prepare equipment for maintenance in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Participate in shutdowns
- Manage process and service unit’s start-ups and shutdowns competently without affecting units that are to remain online
- Undertake constant evaluation of plant-operating conditions so abnormalities are promptly resolved
- Ensure effective start-of-shift orientation and shift handover
The right candidate should:
- Possess a Higher National Diploma (HND)/National Diploma (ND) in Chemical, Process, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, obtained at a minimum of Upper Credit
- Have graduated in the last 5 years
- Not more than 29 years old
Successful candidates can look forward to a challenging, culturally diverse and team based workplace. This is in addition to exceptional development opportunities and competitive total reward package offered by the Corporation
4th January, 2011
Method of Application
No paper application will be accepted.
Applicants are to submit only 1 application as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Applicants are to indicate Job Reference indicator for the position they wish to apply for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply online
Please ensure you read the General Instructions before filling the application.
If you have any issues with your application please contact: email@example.com
Click here for more details
Note: If you are subscribed to our daily job alert and you no longer receive it, please check your Spam / Bulk folder and see if it is ending up there. If found, select and click Not Spam. OR, add our email address to your Contacts list. Your right to genuine information - INFORMATION IS POWER.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here