The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Communication Technician II
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- In consultation with the IITA Communications office; implement communication strategies and campaigns to support AfricaYam project activities.
- Support the information dissemination and awareness creation through the Yam Community of Practice (YCoP) activity of the project.
- Capture and write up stories about AfricaYam work for a diverse range of stakeholders and publish them on social media platforms as well as other formats including video, radio, stills, website and print publications.
- Carryout purchase requisitions through Supply chain unit, ensure efficient travel logistics for project staff and provide support for routine office activities
- Manage the project’s social media channels, uploading information and materials;
- Perform any other duties as properly assigned by supervisor
- OND in Communications, Journalism, Media relations or related Degree in Social Science with Minimum two (2) years’ experience in print or digital media house preferably in an international organization
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skill (Fluency in French will be an added advantage)
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
8th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant's current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.