Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FSL Officer - Agro
Damaturu, Bade, Yobe
Task and Responsibilities
- The position is based in Yobe State and supervised by the Sector Manager-FSL.
- The FSL Officer is required to lead field team in the implementation of agriculture activities of the project through livelihood interventions, business management, technical trainings and capacity building to improve skills or production in new/pre-existing livelihood assets.
- Facilitate community mobilization towards farmers’ field school and small holders gardening.
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable beneficiaries for cash/asset for work.
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training including field training and workshops for the target beneficiaries on vegetable production, seed conservation, farm management and storage.
- Supervise and compile information to ensure that the surveillance of the farming situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result, when required.
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools.
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the agricultural production activities.
- Implement field activities for targeted communities about agricultural activities and strengthening nutrition sensitive agriculture with support from relevant State, LGA and community stakeholders at LGA level.
- Collate information and data on agricultural activities through surveys, assessments, regular post distribution monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households.
- Collaboration with other partners including relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in writing situation reports with information on food security, security information at the community when required.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture or any other related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in humanitarian contexts with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- Have previous experience managing FSL interventions (i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods).
- Have excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and report writing.
- Be committed to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Capacity to analyze and resolve problems including taking appropriate action.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to define goals, realistic and specific objectives.
- Capacity to establish priorities in order to achieve expected results.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online