Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a reputable Bank, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Non-Banking Application Support Officer
- To achieve a high level of stability and maintenance of all non-banking applications deployed to the bank and it application support leveraging on teamwork, technology, expert knowledge, professionalism, and a commitment to excellence.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others.
- The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol.
- The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organized, structured, self-controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant.
- The environment wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Ensure Application Support, administration andmaintenance of all non-banking applications; Exim Bill,Trade Finance, Edate, Kastle, IRIS, Integrify etc.
- Ensure Application Availability Checks and Support.
- Render technical support for non-banking application.
- Handle issues assigned on helpdesk relating to all non-banking applications.
- Implement Application Upgrades and Patches.
- Ensure escalation of Critical application issues to vendors.
- Handle Internet Website update and content management.
- Carry out Website Availability Checks and Support
- Work within relevant policies/ procedures and auditrequirements
- Ensure a near to Zero error rate level in processes andproject executions.
- First degree in a physical or numerate science or engineering.
- At least 1 year of cognate experience.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
The behavioral competency for the job includes the ability to:
- Remain rational when dealing with others, work within organizational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues, and handle conflict adopting a logical and unemotional approach until a solution becomes achievable.
- Introduce monitoring systems that identify whether individuals or the organization are achieving their objectives, as well as any variances in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Evaluate situations, calculate and reduce risk, justify and defend accuracy, give reasons for views and generally provide shrewd judgment in any situation.
- Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others. Research all the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Remain self-controlled when opposed and people become uncooperative or aggressive, be prepared to listen to what others say and feel, deal with conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution.
- Be confident when dealing with uncooperative people and encourage them to implement imaginative solutions to challenging problems.
- Encourage people to communicate effectively and, through example and expertise, create participative attitudes.
- Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
- Application Support & Maintenance
- Knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Solution Architecture.
- Products Knowledge.
- Information Security.
- Release Management.
- Quality Assurance.
- Business Continuity Planning.
Application Closing Date
- E-channel Management.
- Information Systems Audit.
- Research Orientation.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's in MS Word format to: [email protected]
and reference [email protected]
with "Non-Banking Application Support Officer" as the subject of e-mail.