Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Support Engineer
Req ID: 249799
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, R&D Engineer, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
- We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers.
- In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks.
- You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
- The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization.
- You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
- As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and expert more than one area.
- You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments.
- The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge.
- You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson.
- The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
- Education: Graduate with Computer Science or Communication or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Min years of experience: 5 years of customer support environment
- Domain experience: Network Application or Cloud Infrastructure
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people.
- Applying expertise & technology.
Required Technical Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- At least 8 - 10 years’ experience, with in-depth troubleshooting skills on Packet core nodes, namely, EPG, SAPC, SASN, SGSN, GGSN, CGSN.
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer support environment.
- Ability to independently deal with complicated technical issues and problems – covering PBC, DPI and SACC Solution implemented on SSR EPG, LTE and CS Fallback procedures
- Good knowledge of IPWorks: xDNS functionality handling for LTE attach within HPLMN and VPLMN
- Highly developed IP skills and knowledge required to trace IP routing issues in the network.
- Deep understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of Diameter Protocol.
- Efficient use of Wireshark tool to filter messages based on protocol or other identifiers.
- In-depth SW and troubleshooting skills on the Juniper (JUNOS), RedBack (SSR Platform) nodes.
- Hands on experience for Ericsson Cloud Platform (HDS, BSP, Redhat, etc) offerings of Virtual Packet Core
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online