Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a first class DNA Forensic Laboratory in Lagos, Nigeria. With state of the art technology and equipment, the laboratory conducts all tests in-house and produces authentic results comparable to any top forensic laboratory in the world. The laboratory performs forensic serology, DNA and relationship tests to support the police, private individuals and government agencies.
They are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Forensic Biologist
- Reporting to the Director, you will lead other Forensic Biologists that perform a variety of independent laboratory tests, analyses, classifications, comparisons and identification of different types of evidence recovered from crime scenes as well as supervise the analysis of DNA tests for determination of relationships.
- In addition, you will establish and maintain records pertaining to casework, compose technical reports, when required testify as an expert witness in court and assist with training of personnel.
- Serve as the Senior Forensic Biologist
- Direct and manage the activities of the other analysts.
- Perform biological and instrumental testing, and the isolation and identification of biological substances in forensic casework samples, and the technical review of casework.
- Evaluate and document approval of all validations and methods used by the laboratory and propose new or modified analytical procedures to be used by analysts.
- Interpret, review, approve and release results and may be required to provide courtroom testimony as needed.
- Supervise staff comprising of analysts and technicians and oversee their serological and DNA forensic training.
- Guide staff in their career path and development, and in line with the vision and mission of the Centre.
- Actively support the business efforts of introducing and expanding DNA testing services by providing leadership, knowledge and expertise to other staff on a regular basis.
Application Closing Date
- PhD in Forensic Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years working experience as a Forensic Biologist/DNA Analyst.
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory and management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
1st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]