Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, a Shipping and Logistics company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. strategize best ways to cut procurement expenses while tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Setup and head the purchasing department defining the company’s purchasing policies and SOPs:
- Generate short, middle and long-term savings and follow them up with KPIs
- Develop and manage the Units Budget.
- Submit regular reports on the Unit to the Finance Manager.
- Maintaining procurement requirements for the company including:
- Liaise with Heads of user departments and sections to determine their procurement requirements.
- Prepare bid documents and recommending procurement methods to contracts committee.
- Place orders with suppliers.
- Receive and opening bids, coordinating the evaluation of bids and submitting reports.
- Follow the logistics of delivery of the goods including liaising with supplier, banks (for form M and BoC, LC), clearing agents, etc.
- Analyze and qualify the company’s supplier database. Maintain a list of prequalified suppliers for the whole range of company goods, services and works including:
- Initiate the identification and selection of suppliers in accordance with company regulations.
- Communicate with suppliers in matters relating to placement of orders and responding to their inquiries.
- Perform other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the unit or company as a whole:
- Ensure that procurement documentation is properly compiled and utilized.
- Ensure that suppliers and end users are properly guided on procurement procedures.
- Ensure procurement requirements of the Company are compiled on time.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Minimum of 10 years proven working experience as head of procurement, procurement manager or procurement officer.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in the market survey.
- Ability to negotiate and network.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online