United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Officer, NO-B
Job Number: 520876
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Purpose of the Position
Key Expected Results
- You will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of scaling-up cost-effective Health intervention packages
- You will also participate in data-driven situational analyses, including epidemiological and emergency assessments; provide specific technical expertise on Health policies and other issues; provide in-country technical and operational support; and help monitor, evaluate and report on related Health programs.
- Timely, regular data-driven analysis for planning and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions.
- Technical expertise on specific Health interventions.
- Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions (downstream activities).
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
- University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy And Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion And Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions In Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, or a field relevant to international public health development assistance.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience related to developmental assistance in health.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2019 at 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.